Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Video Art




For my video art project, I was feeling inspired by my upcoming graduation, juxtaposed with the world around me. This is a time when I am entering into the 'real world', but in 2013, the world can be a scary place. It is important to stay positive and optimistic in this time as on move on to other ventures outside of UT. I wanted to make it look like all the things I see when I am on my computer from my perspective, which is why the view can see my reflection and reaction the entire time. In the last seconds, the fourth wall is completely broken and I look right into your eyes pondering what lies ahead.

I was inspired by the video portraits created by Andy Warhol and originally wanted to do a modern decontextualized version of those, which is how I got the footage of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment