Friday, May 3, 2013

Josh Walton


Josh Walton: Digital Storytelling Through Physical Space

Walton poses the question - "Where are you right now" - Does the digital age allow us to be in many places at once? For instance right now I am writing this blog, on the phone, and Facebook is open in another tab. I am also watching the walton video as a write, so am I also "at" his performance while thinking about my digital settings as well. The digital world has transformed our concept of the physical world because many of the great things about the physical world are now capable in the digital world, such as a unique space. 

I wonder.. what will children who are born 20 years from now be like, as they grow up in entirely digital and physical worlds. With the emergence of google glasses and virtual realities, is the physical world deminishing? It will never go away but is it becoming less special? 

No comments:

Post a Comment