Friday, May 3, 2013

Magnetic Recording

Even reading this, science and discoveries blow my mind. I think even if I traveled back to the 1800's with what I know from reading this article, I still couldn't discover magnetic recording. I think this article through the example of the developments of magnetic recording, really shows how much science and technology can discover when people work together and share rather than competing. Even so it took over 150 years for magnetic recording to be perfected.

There are so many phases from first patents and still being faulty, to use for the military and implementing vacuum tubes. Its astonishing that magnetic recording survived the decades. It is a miracle that it did since magnetic recording played such a crucial role in the computer revolution starting as early as the 1950's.

I notice the article is written in 2004 and updated in 2011. A lot of what the end is was predictions. I think its safe to say the prediction that VCR's will be with us for a while is over because if i had a video cassette tape I wouldn't know where to find a device to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment