Friday, May 3, 2013

DubStep + More

Dubstep is a result of the Postmodern crisis. There was nothing left new to make so we took old stuff, remixed it and made it electronic. I personally love dub step because I find it to be the only music there is no one right way to dance too, dub step is exactly what you want it to be.


I love this video and song by Icona Pop!! I have even been hearing it on the radio recently. This is video art because of the editing and perceptions show in the video. Many filters, and cuts are used. I also like when they animate the words on the screen. The video also features split screen cuts and even shows about 50 of the video simultaneously on screen... I don't care.. I love it!

Bomba Estera is another video art music video from the Latin segment. Although it is a more traditional type of music video it tells a story of life where the song is taking place. A lot of culture is depicted and people are seen going about their daily lives.




The Gorillaz present the clearest example of a video art piece from a music video. Their video is an amazing 3D animation that looks extremely lifelike and takes you through the entire song. The work they do is amazing, I never knew what a seriously talented group of artists they were until we touched upon them in class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment