Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Singing in the Rain...

When we watched the original "Singing in the Rain" scene in class and then the digital animation techno remix for VW it opened my eyes to recreating the classics as inspiration. As an advertising major this was specifically relevant to me because the remix was not just for fun but for an ad. I guess it shows that you can never go wrong with a new spin on a classic. This is because a classic is well known and loved for a reason. It was probably heartwarming and relatable to people at one time and a new spin may be refreshing, or at the least recognizable. When it comes to advertising making something that is recognizable is a mark of success. I think when working on future campaigns I will not always keep in mind that if I am hitting a creative block.. look back at some classic works to draw inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment